Thank you for supporting our local Annapolis schools.
The 2021 Cash for Schools program was a huge success thanks to the Annapolis community and our three local partners — Bay Ridge Wine & Spirits, Soul, and Ledo Pizza and Pasta of Annapolis. Donations from K&B True Value customers reached $15,000 and those funds were matched by K&B True Value and our parters to reach $30,000 in total donations for 15 local schools.
Photo by focusbykenneth
An important part of this program is that the donated funds have no strings; the school can use the funds as they see fit. When asked how they would use the funds this year, schools replied:
- To fund after school events and enrichment programs for the school.
- To fund sweatshirts for our students. Our old building has really inconsistent temperatures, so the warm clothing saves time and energy.
- To fund books for our reading initiative.
- To fund stipends so that our children can attend after-school clubs and also to purchase uniforms for students in need.
- To bring our school’s mission to life every day.
- To fund campus improvements, campus safety, technology updates, and our DEIJ initiatives.
- To fund our Garden Club, which grows a variety of fruit and veggies and distributes them to our students and families and also to the Lighthouse Shelter in the summer.
We are thrilled that these funds will be put to good use and will help the schools with their own initiatives and projects.
Thank you to everyone who participated in Cash for Schools this year!
Participating Annapolis Schools
Thank You to Our 2021 Sponsors
The sponsors of the Cash for Schools program have shown incredible generosity and a lasting commitment to our schools and community.
About Cash for Schools
Cash for Schools is a popular and great way to raise money for Annapolis public and private schools. Annually, from the beginning of the school year through October 31, K&B True Value asks our customers to make a donation to a participating local school.
K&B True Value matches donations, dollar for dollar up to $5,000. Schools use this money at their own discretion for things such as computer supplies, seed money for after-school programs, helping families with clothes and supplies, and paying for prizes in academic incentive programs, among others.
In 2020, K&B True Value partnered with Bay Ridge Wine & Spirits and Severn Bank to raise the funds to match all $15,000 in customer donations for a total donation of over $30,000.
In 2021, we were excited to again partner with Bay Ridge Wine & Spirits and to welcome two new partners — Soul, a southern cuisine restaurant, and Ledo Pizza and Pasta of Annapolis. With these three partners, we were able to match funds up to $15,000.
After 11 years of implementing this program at K&B — along with our incredible partners — we’ve been able to donate more than $95,000 to local area schools. We hope you will help us continue to support the community by making a donation with your next purchase at K&B True Value!