Thank you for supporting our local Annapolis schools.
The 2022 Cash for Schools program was a huge success thanks to the Annapolis community and our four local partners — Bay Ridge Wine & Spirits, Evolve Direct Primary Care, Ledo Pizza and Pasta of Annapolis, and Naptown Scoop. Customers at K&B True Value donated nearly $12,000 and those funds were matched by K&B True Value and our above partners to reach just over $30,000 in total donations for 17 local schools.
Photo by focusbykenneth
An important part of this program is that the donated funds have no strings; the school can use the funds as they see fit. When asked how they would use the funds for the 2021 year, schools replied:
- To fund after school events and enrichment programs for the school.
- To fund sweatshirts for our students. Our old building has really inconsistent temperatures, so the warm clothing saves time and energy.
- To fund books for our reading initiative.
- To fund stipends so that our children can attend after-school clubs and also to purchase uniforms for students in need.
- To bring our school’s mission to life every day.
- To fund campus improvements, campus safety, technology updates, and our DEIJ initiatives.
- To fund our Garden Club, which grows a variety of fruit and veggies and distributes them to our students and families and also to the Lighthouse Shelter in the summer.
We are thrilled that these funds will be put to good use and will help the schools with their own initiatives and projects.
Thank you to everyone who participated in Cash for Schools this year!
Participating Annapolis Schools
Thank You to Our 2022 Sponsors
The sponsors of the Cash for Schools program have shown incredible generosity and a lasting commitment to our schools and community.
About Cash for Schools
Cash for Schools is a popular and great way to raise money for Annapolis public and private schools. Annually, from the beginning of the school year through October 31, K&B True Value asks our customers to make a donation to a participating local school.
In 2022, K&B True Value, Bay Ridge Wine & Spirits, Ledo Pizza, and Naptown Scoop matched customer donations with $18,500. Schools use this money at their own discretion for things such as computer supplies, seed money for after-school programs, helping families with clothes and supplies, and paying for prizes in academic incentive programs, among others.
After 12 years of organizing this program at K&B — along with our incredible partners — we’ve been able to donate more than $125,000 to local area schools. We hope you will help us continue to support the community through the Cash for Schools program in the years to come!