Why search for a job when you can search for a challenging career where you can become an integral leader of a close-knit community?
K&B True Value is a fast-paced award-winning hardware store that is seeking a General Manager who embodies our culture. We are like a family – many employees have been with us for over 15 years. The perfect candidate is looking for a challenging career with dynamic people, at a fun place to work. We have been voted the “Best Local Hardware Store” over five times by The Capital’s Reader’s Choice Awards! We need the right leader to take this team to the next level. Are you a high-energy, forward-thinking, customer service-oriented leader of leaders? If so, we would like to engage in a conversation with you.
K&B True Value is looking for a full-time General Manager who has a passion for helping our team members achieve their goals while fulfilling our company vision. In this role, you are responsible for all the details that go into making a store run smoothly – the store’s performance is closely tied to your abilities and achievements! Therefore, we’re looking for someone who is high performing, highly motivated, energetic, and intelligent.
The General Manager is responsible for maintaining a motivated, efficient, a customer-centric staff with a positive morale. A strong candidate will enjoy the challenge of inventory planning and allocation, merchandising, and stocking products. You are responsible for managing the profitability of all departments through plan developments, management of inventory investments, and open-to-buy activities. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining a clean and safe store and having superb product knowledge.
Not all your responsibilities will be specifically defined – you will be expected to manage new challenges, projects, and responsibilities as they arise to maintain a productive staff, increase sales and gross profit, minimize and control expenses, and maximize net profit.
This role creates the perfect opportunity to educate the community on their home improvement projects. Your main goal is becoming an empowering leader whom others in the K&B True Value store look to for vision-casting, guidance, and direction.
- Ability to provide big-picture thinking to develop and implement strategic initiatives
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret meaningful trends.
- Solid grasp of math.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a cross-functional team.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills with a drive and focus on positive results on the bottom line.
- Strong, efficient, and effective communication.
- Lead through honesty, integrity, ethics, loyalty, trustworthiness, and responsibility.
- Maintain strong time management skills.
- Give high attention to details.
- A great attitude, high motivation, energy, and intelligence are required.
- Ability to communicate and use software for email, text, and Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, preferably within the retail environment
- Hardware experience is preferred, but not necessary, as we will provide training.
- Demonstrated ability to improve knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a staff of 20+
- Bilingual desired, but not necessary (we will not provide training)
We welcome you to download, complete, and submit our full employment application. Simply print and return the fully completed application to one of the managers in the store, or email it directly to owner Jared Littmann.